It is hard to imagine a world without women. They play a significant role in our lives be it as mothers, sisters, daughters or friends. So, this Women’s Day appreciate the ladies in your lives for all they have done for you In celebration of International Women’s Day on March 8, here are some of our favorite inspirational quotes
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman” – Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
- “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contributions of half of its citizens.” – Michelle Obama, Former First Lady of the United States
- “We realise the importance of our voice when we are silenced” – MalalaYousafzai, Nobel peace prize winner
- “When you educate a woman, you set her free”. – Oprah Winfrey, Media mogul
- “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness”. – Oprah Winfrey
- “The education of women is the best way
to save the environment”.
– E. O. Wilson
- “Feminism has never been about getting a job for one woman. It’s about making life fairer for women everywhere. It’s not about a piece of the existing pie; there are too many of us for that. It’s about baking a new pie”. – Gloria Steinem
- “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” ―Maya Angelou.
- “I am a Woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal Woman, that’s me.”―Maya Angelou.
- “Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.”– Margaret Thatcher
- “A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.”– Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much.”– Mother Teresa
- “I want to do is because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.”– Amelia Earhart
- “Woman must not accept; she must challenge. She must not be awed by that which has been built up around her; she must reverence that woman in her which struggles for expression.”– Margaret Sanger
- “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.”– Melinda Gates